Too much negativism every time we lose

Frobby

Honestly, people, every time we lose a game there's so much negativism here. News flash - even the optimists think we won't be much more than a .500-ish team from here on out -- that means we'll probably lose another 60+ times even if things go well. We can't get suicidal or overly dramatic every time it happens.

As to Simon, he's simply not going to be that consistent. He has an 83 percent save rate now - get used to it. That's about what Jorge Julio did in his years as our closer. So don't jump off a bridge if he blows one every 2-4 weeks.

The team is 10-9 its last 19 games, but a lot of folks seem to think we're stlll playing .111 baseball. Forget the bad start, and forget about making up for it by playing like we are a great team. Just avoid any long losing streaks going forward and see how the year goes.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dont think it's that he blew a save. It's the fact that they scored 8, which practically gives us no shot to come back and win and blew a win for Matusz, too.

It's not always the losing, it's HOW they do it. And the fact that things like this happen often. It's embarrasing.

Last night felt like when Miguel Cabrera slapped that pitch that was supposed to be an intentional walk up the middle. Remember that?

Honestly, people, every time we lose a game there's so much negativism here. News flash - even the optimists think we won't be much more than a .500-ish team from here on out -- that means we'll probably lose another 60+ times even if things go well. We can't get suicidal or overly dramatic every time it happens.

As to Simon, he's simply not going to be that consistent. He has an 83 percent save rate now - get used to it. That's about what Jorge Julio did in his years as our closer. So don't jump off a bridge if he blows one every 2-4 weeks.

The team is 10-9 its last 19 games, but a lot of folks seem to think we're stlll playing .111 baseball. Forget the bad start, and forget about making up for it by playing like we are a great team. Just avoid any long losing streaks going forward and see how the year goes.

Finally, someone who understands

It cuts both ways. After one, count' em, one inning of work in a rainy game, there were five topics celebrating Uehara's return to the bullpen including Frobby's man-love. This board goes to ridiculous extremes in either direction. That's a natural byproduct of having some of the most devoted fans in Orioleland.

Take it away, Billy...............

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgjtm4_M20&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xgjtm4_M20&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

There may be wild mood swings on the board but that's just the way it is. It seems to me that you (Frobby) were calling for Trembley's head about a month ago. Kind of feels like you are telling everyone that it's only ok to be negative when Frobby feels it's ok to be negative. :)

Well, naturally! ;)

I just find it odd that we win 3 games in a row, and then losing a game is treated as though it's a sign of the apocalypse. The real point I'm trying to make is that the team isn't playing too badly right now, but the 2-16 start just has us (me included) overreacting to every little thing that goes wrong.

And thankfully, I didn't watch last night's game, though I was aware the O's were ahead 1-0 after 7 and then checked in on my blackberry and saw they had blown the game in the 9th. When you don't watch, it never seems so bad.

Frobby, you are one of my favorite posters. But, I'm not with you on this one. There are too many posters who cry over others being negative. We are negative because we lose, and losing sucks. And personally, I only see a very small light at the end of this tunnel.

Frobby, you are one of my favorite posters. But, I'm not with you on this one. There are too many posters who cry over others being negative. We are negative because we lose, and losing sucks. And personally, I only see a very small light at the end of this tunnel.

Good post sir and I agree Frobby has great posts, but hard not to be in a very bad place with this team.

Nice post, especially the bolded part.

Archived